Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - Solstice (1990)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Solstice (1990)

Posted at 19:11 on July 17th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
A broken staff that has something to do with stopping a bad guy is spread all around the old castle. What else is left to do except exploring the isometric world solving platform puzzles? All that in one of these games that seem to have fallen on the wrong platform.

Read more...
Posted at 19:59 on July 17th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
For some reason games like this one make me think on the Commodore 64. Isometric platform games, with exploration, puzzles and weird palettes do that on me.

I think the platform which has most of these games (and also the weird colour palettes changing per room) is the Spectrum :)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 20:16 on July 17th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Then I may be thinking on the spectrum. I think it comes from the videogames magazines I read as a kid, with all these photos of games I would never play, and that for that looked so attractive.

Nowadays I no longer have that feeling, not only because most newer games look so generic, but maybe because the old ones are usually easy to find.
Posted at 21:45 on July 18th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Visually this reminds me of Airball, see
www.mobygames.com/game/airball/screenshots
Posted at 23:24 on July 18th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I've played little to airball, but they are somewhat similar. It would be nice a review of games like this one, it's one of the best I've seen on a while
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll