The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Frozen Website Sections - Comics - Interpart comics translated to English
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll
» Multiple Pages: 1234

Interpart comics translated to English

Posted at 13:21 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Hello, I´m trying to translate the Interpart comics to English, I´m using your scans, with a German friend. We will use them to our own amusement, but , since there are no other know translations, do you want to make them available to everyone thought your site?

When they get finished we could had to them your water mark and release them in here.

I´m in other MOTU forums too, and I will make some noise there to make your MOTU part of the site noticed.

Do you like the idea? :D

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AGpmsqIe_O8/SpFC-R-tSOI/AAAAAAAAAKQ/BG_YBX7WTeA/s1600-h/pag1.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AGpmsqIe_O8/SpFC_Dtb9RI/AAAAAAAAAKY/IGr6NaEwPHA/s1600-h/pag2.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AGpmsqIe_O8/SpFC_jUMsjI/AAAAAAAAAKg/fR5EdwqJcYE/s400/pag3.jpg
-----
Labore et Virtute
-----
Edited by OmegaMan31 at 14:16 on August 23rd, 2009
Posted at 13:24 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I think it's an excellent idea and I'll gladly host those translations!

There were official translations by the way. Not sure whether they translated all issues, but I've got 'The World Devourer' (from issue #9), 'The Master with Three Faces' (from issue #7) and 'The Siren Song' (from issue #9) in English (published by Egmont).
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 13:27 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Thanks for the support, Egmont you say... I will have to dig it... do you have them scanned? Can I see them? That would less work to do...

Are you based in Europe?
-----
Labore et Virtute
-----
Edited by OmegaMan31 at 13:33 on August 23rd, 2009
Posted at 13:49 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Those previews look very good :) I haven't scanned the one English issue yet, but I'll attach small versions of a few pages. First, the cover.
Attachment: *****
-----
Posted at 13:50 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
The editorial page, containing publishing information.
-----
Posted at 13:52 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Finally, the first page of the actual comic.

As already noted, the issue isn't a direct translation of one German issue. It has stories from two different original issues and in between, there are a few pages with 'editorial' contents which are original to this English issue. I don't know if there were more of these - never came across any.
-----
Posted at 13:56 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
In Brazil (Editora Abril), Argentina (Lendafilms), Spain (Zinco) and other countries, the same happened, they used all sort of media from various sources (Mattel, DC and their own home made productions, that in Brazil were very good) to make their magazines, specially in the special or annuals were they used them has gap fellers...

-----
Labore et Virtute
-----
Edited by OmegaMan31 at 14:12 on August 23rd, 2009
Posted at 14:05 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Well, I can scan the one issue (though I guess it'll take two weeks or so for me to get to it, because if I do it, I want to do it properly). If you need any more help or support, just ask! And let me know when you've got the first issue done :D
-----
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 14:12 on August 23rd, 2009
Posted at 14:11 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
I´ve read your profile... you are from Germany. :)

So you will not mind with the edited cover for number one... I will edit it very soon but by now I like it like this... I will had your contribution and others contributions to it so the description will have to change...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AGpmsqIe_O8/SpFC9zmkRnI/AAAAAAAAAKI/pb6-nNw4hZI/s1600/capa.jpg

Originally posted by Mr Creosote at 14:05 on August 23rd, 2009:
Well, I can scan the one issue (though I guess it'll take two weeks or so for me to get to it, because if I do it, I want to do it properly). If you need any more help or support, just ask! And let me know when you've got the first issue done :D

Thanks, I will invite the friend that is helping me to get is membership to... he is from Germany to.

He have contacted you, I thought about the number 8 last month, but the gift have something that we can´t work with... so he have bought it from E-bay just to get it to scan and translate.

I will like to see if our translation will correspond with the English version that you have :)

Oh, and if you notice any error please let me know... English is not my partner or my 1st language. And we have to dig some difficulties because I´m from Portugal and German is not my 1st, 2nd or even 3d language...:P
-----
Labore et Virtute
-----
Edited by OmegaMan31 at 14:15 on August 23rd, 2009
Posted at 14:14 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Just one correction - the name is 'Interpart', not 'Interprat' ;)
-----
Posted at 14:17 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Originally posted by Mr Creosote at 14:14 on August 23rd, 2009:
Just one correction - the name is 'Interpart', not 'Interprat' ;)

:o :o :o :embarassed: ;) How my... I will have to check all that I have about it to change it... Interpart... "Interprat" is all over the place in my computer... thanks for the tip..
-----
Labore et Virtute
-----
Edited by OmegaMan31 at 14:19 on August 23rd, 2009
Posted at 14:20 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
As for the number 8, as I already told your friend here, that issue's scan has been scanned in a lower resolution than the rest. If you guys will scan it again in 300dpi, you're welcome to send the German files in as well so that I can replace the current scan.
-----
Posted at 14:22 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Yes we have it in 300dpi, do you want it in pdf or rar? So he is already a member... he told me that he have contacted you but not that have make himself a member... better like this... now we are the two in here...
-----
Labore et Virtute
-----
Edited by OmegaMan31 at 14:25 on August 23rd, 2009
Posted at 14:23 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I have no idea what 'gift' is, but an archive containing the image files will be fine!
-----
Posted at 14:26 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Wrong word... I wanted to say pdf or rar. Or I can just send the images thought mail to your mail: MrCreosote@jabber.ccc.de

Let me know.
-----
Labore et Virtute
-----
Edited by OmegaMan31 at 14:28 on August 23rd, 2009
Posted at 14:27 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Ah, I see. Rar containing images would be great. How large is the archive?

MrCreosote@jabber.ccc.de isn't an e-mail address. You can't send anything there. It's a Jabber ID.

Your German friend is already registered here, by the way. His username is FlipTrack.
-----
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 14:32 on August 23rd, 2009
Posted at 14:31 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Now I have it with 180 mb to better work with it but I can make them into a rar, or send you by mail the jpg with the 180mb so you can change it at your will.

Jabber? I don´t know it... :)
-----
Labore et Virtute
-----
Edited by OmegaMan31 at 14:33 on August 23rd, 2009
Posted at 14:33 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Please upload the file via FTP. I'll message you with the details.
-----
Posted at 14:34 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Originally posted by Mr Creosote at 14:33 on August 23rd, 2009:
Please upload the file via FTP. I'll message you with the details.

O.K. I will do it has you say.

Now I know what jabber is... :)

Quote:
From Jabber.org

Jabber.org is the original IM service based on XMPP, the open standard for instant messaging, and one of the biggest nodes on the open Jabber network. Create an account by visiting register.jabber.org or one of the other public XMPP services, then download a free client, log in, and start chatting!
-----
Labore et Virtute
-----
Edited by OmegaMan31 at 14:41 on August 23rd, 2009
Posted at 14:38 on August 23rd, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Ok, I sent you a private message with the login details. In addition, you'll need an FTP client. There's a list of many different ones at Wikipedia. Which one you should choose depends on your operating system. Under Linux / BSD, try Gftp. Under MacOS, try Cyberduck. Under MS-Windows, try Filezilla. Then just connect with the login data and upload the file...
-----
» Multiple Pages: 1234
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll