The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Forum Stats with Names
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Forum Stats with Names

Posted at 13:32 on April 23rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
I think it would be nice to know who posted last on the forum stats located on the good old days.
-----
Mock ugly people. Praise ugly goats.
Posted at 14:44 on April 23rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
No big deal technically. I intended those 'stats' more for new visitors actually and I didn't think those would be interested in reading the names of the posters - the topic are more interesting. What do the others think (presumably nothing...)?
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 18:54 on April 23rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
What do the others think (presumably nothing...)?

Exactly. I guess it's neither better nor worse the one or the other way. I don't expect a regular forum user to use the welcome page for checking foe new posts, so it's all the same in my opinion.
Posted at 21:44 on April 23rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I completely agree with Tapuak.
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 02:14 on April 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
I don't expect a regular forum user to use the welcome page for checking foe new posts
That was what I was thinking when I programmed that part, too.
-----
Posted at 03:51 on April 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I think it is better the way it is now (of course ideal would be to show both but hey, as far as I'm concerned that's expendable luxury) since it is of more interest to a "regular" in which thread someone posted since the purpose of a forum is to talk about certain topics and not to talk to certain persons (this is secondary, else we would'nt bother coming to an abandonware-forum in the first place...) I do miss the average post-count of the old forum though. .. :idea:
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 04:22 on April 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
of course ideal would be to show both but hey, as far as I'm concerned that's expendable luxury
Adding this information is a matter of a minute - so that doesn't really count ;)

Quote:
I do miss the average post-count of the old forum though. ..
Umm... could you help my poor memory out there? What was that again?
-----
Posted at 07:12 on April 25th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
On the old board you could see in the profiles how many posts/day someone made...
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 07:20 on April 25th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Ah, yes. Will be done.

Edit: It is done :) And it turned out Pada1 still has more than one post per day - but declining quickly :evil:

Edited by Mr Creosote at 23:24 on April, 25th 2003
-----
Posted at 13:01 on April 27th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Yes, yes, I know, lately I've been aiming for quality rather then quantity (not like that's working or anything :))
-----
Posted at 17:26 on April 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
At least your trying... It's better than nothing. :)
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll