Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - The Legend of Zelda (1986)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

The Legend of Zelda (1986)

Posted at 14:16 on April 28th, 2011 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Global Moderator
Retired Gumby
Quote:
You thought we were too nerdy, and would say this is too much of a mainstream game for us, didn't you? Well, we may be, but still it's one of the most important console adventure/RPG games, mostly because it created a brand new genre which, sadly, is nearly dead.

Read more...
Posted at 08:33 on May 2nd, 2011 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Too mainstream? I simply don't care, because this game incluenced nothing worthwhile - unimportant to the extreme :P
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 16:32 on May 8th, 2011 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Global Moderator
Retired Gumby
The good Zelda games are the SNES one, the two oracle games and Windwaker for Gamecube. I didn't like the last one's style at first, but it may be the only cell shaded game I've seen that actually makes all look like it's all drawn, also it has fun dungeons. The only problem is that Windwaker has some big fillers to make the game longer, such as fishing triforce pieces all around the sea.

Still, the Zelda games probably where surpassed by their clones, like Soleil, Landstalker and Story of Thor, all of them for Genesis/Megadrive. Just that Nintendo didn't allow the Zelda games to be forgotten.

Well, now I think of it, they are all more like spiritual sucessors than clones. Still, this kind of isometric console adventure is a forgotten genre, probably is too much work for what the industry is used to, with all that openness (even if it's usually very limited), and getting new powers/tools as the game advances instead of having it all from start.
-----
Edited by Wandrell at 16:38 on May 8th, 2011
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll