Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - Fish Bowl (2012)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Fish Bowl (2012)

Posted at 12:00 on October 12th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Fish Bowl claims to be An Interactive Horror. Yet, the introductory text makes it seem like an absurdist comedy. Preparing for the worst, I brace myself… I find out I'm playing a 'drunk beachcomber'. There is no immediate goal to the game, except maybe to find out how this fish bowl came into my possession. Exploring the immediate surroundings, it does not really matter much anymore suddenly as I'm drawn into a consciously surreal adventure of self-recognition.

Read more...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 09:39 on October 14th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Quote:
One of several debut games of this IF Comp which basically contain a good story, but which devaluate it due to unnecessary technical and also storytelling-related shortcomings. The beachcomber Larry Wyndham awakes from a drunken stupor in his shack and he discovers a fish bowl on his dresser. His thoughts wander towards this glass bowl, because he cannot fathom how it got there. Further seemingly realistic, but in the context of the story surreal occurences, which are described in a convincing language recalling Edgar Allen Poe in places, help to get through the game.

Read more...
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll