The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Comments / Discussion - Ultima: Escape from Mount Drash (1983)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Ultima: Escape from Mount Drash (1983)

Posted at 07:47 on April 6th, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
Feel free to share anything about Ultima: Escape from Mount Drash (1983) here!
-----
The known is finite, the unknown infinite. - Thomas Henry Huxley
Posted at 19:12 on May 16th, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Here is an interesting recent article about the genesis of this game: http://www.filfre.net/2013/05/the-legend-of-escape-from-mt-drash/.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 19:13 on May 16th, 2013
Posted at 17:02 on May 17th, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
Nice find! Quite interesting article, which sheds some new light on the most fascinating aspect of this game, namely its history. Though I still doubt that that we will ever know the whole truth about this game's genesis. ;)
-----
Posted at 06:48 on July 30th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
Cool, someone else suffered through this game too and found it inspiring enough to write a review. :D Thanks for you thoughts!

As for the resizing problem: I had that too. But what I find even stranger is how the rest of the screen is filled with green background and the game itself is stuck at the bottom left corner. I guess the best way to fix this would be sifting through the source code and try to resize things manually. This begs the question whether it is worth the trouble though.

Did you finish the DOS port? I think it's a bit harder than the original, because you get only three spells over the whole game, while in the VIC-20 version you had threee spells in every level. The fighting is a bit easier though, since you can hit a lot faster.
-----
Posted at 15:55 on January 4th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
Seems like the game recently set a new record: It was auctioned off for 9002$, which might make it the most expensive Sierra game ever… or until the next auction at least. ;)

Sources: Sierra Chest and EBay
-----
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll