The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - DOS Config
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll
» Multiple Pages: 12

DOS Config

Posted at 16:31 on July 6th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Yes, but of course, you don't need to know about config.sys and autoexec.bat :P
Posted at 06:17 on July 7th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Now this discussion is really getting silly. Nobody claims "MS-DOS" will get more important. Learning how to use it can never hurt, however, because it will teach you how computers work. It'll teach you about the structure of file systems, it'll teach you about hardware access via specialized drivers, it'll teach you about memory and so on and so on. You won't get any of that knowledge using Microsoft's later exploits.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 12:52 on July 7th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Mr Creosote at 14:17 on July, 7th 2003:
You won't get any of that knowledge using Microsoft's later exploits.

Hahaha! I didn't know mircosoft was in bussines of making exploits :)
Posted at 23:59 on July 10th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Banned
Master Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Mr Creosote at 14:17 on July, 7th 2003:

Now this discussion is really getting silly. Nobody claims "MS-DOS" will get more important. Learning how to use it can never hurt, however, because it will teach you how computers work. It'll teach you about the structure of file systems, it'll teach you about hardware access via specialized drivers, it'll teach you about memory and so on and so on. You won't get any of that knowledge using Microsoft's later exploits.

Interesting. From the 7 years or so that I used DOS I never once learned anything about those things. I did learn about DOS however.

Lord, what would this forum be without me? In the caves still.
» Multiple Pages: 12
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll