Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - Duke Nukem 3D (1996)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Duke Nukem 3D (1996)

Posted at 18:27 on August 26th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Quote:
When Duke Nukem 3D was first released back in 1996, it took the video game industry by storm. At the time of its release, it was rare to find any game that had any sort of mature content, which in modern times is now commonplace, it followed the trails of the success of Doom, which saw Duke Nukem deviate away from its platforming roots to a much mature and darker first person shooter. The game takes place after the events of Duke Nukem II, where Duke returns from space and finds Earth overrun by aliens that are hell-bent on abducting all of Earth’s women and it’s up to Duke to save the day.

Read more...
Posted at 18:34 on August 26th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Quote:
There are many kinds of FPS shooters with many of them being all serious. Duke Nukem 3D inverts all of that by giving you over the top weapons, an Sci-Fi plot and a lot of references to pop-culture along side mature humor and funny one liners. Duke Nukem 3D does alot of things that many other FPS's don't do and were about to find out why.

Read more...
Posted at 19:36 on June 4th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Quote:
I bought Duke3D when it was released in 1996 and it remains a personal favorite of mine. In fact, I still use the mousepad that came with the game. The game CD included the full versions of Duke Nukum and Duke Nukem II, which are also great games.

Read more...
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll