Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - The Warlock of Firetop Mountain (1982)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

The Warlock of Firetop Mountain (1982)

Posted at 14:33 on September 12th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
This one is going to be unusual for our website, because normally it revolves around games in a digital form. Today we are going to talk about a ‘gamebook’. And, as might have been expected, we did not just pick one at random, but the gamebook itself: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain. Yet I have to tone down a bit: Actually it is already our second gamebook on the site. The other one has been hidden for about 14 years in the comics section.

Read more...
-----
Dear Sir, I object strongly with the last thread, and the next post.
Posted at 17:59 on September 16th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Formally based on the game book of the same name which launched a hugely successful series, you will usually read that this computer game bears no relation to its licenced material. This, in my view, is a very narrow view on gaming. For those of you who have played the book, what is it about really? You walk through a maze (literally in its last section), fighting monsters and collecting keys which, after defeating the titular warlock, you have to use to open a treasure chest containing vast riches. This, down to each letter, is the contents of this computer conversion as well!

Read more...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll