Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - I, Damiano: The Wizard of Partestrada (1985)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

I, Damiano: The Wizard of Partestrada (1985)

Posted at 16:24 on October 31st, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Global Moderator
Retired Gumby
Quote:
Partestrada is in danger! General Pardo the local warlord is plotting a civil war and is aiming to slaughter every last one of the townsfolks. You, a young bright alchemist by the name of Damiano Delstrego, are to protect your beloved hometown and its people whether bare-handedly or by means of magic, whether with help of God or, ironically, Devil himself. The task will take you on a risky journey, where you shall face different creatures some of which are malevolent and some might be needing your help. Your good familiar dog Macchiata and archangel Raphael will accompany and assist you in this noble affair. Make haste and find a way to stop Pardo and his men before they reduce Partestrada to ashes and its people to dust. Go now and save the day, little witch! An undeservedly forgotten and unjustly criticized text adventure which I'm willing to vindicate.

Read more...
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
Posted at 08:01 on November 1st, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
The general premise of the game (and original story for that matter) is to use magic for good purposes, which is another way of using evil against evil and thus fooling the Dark Lord.

The established convention these days seems to be evil powers/artifacts all being the Ring of Mordor. You know, that power luring you to try and use it for good, but it's impossible and the evil power turns out to be using you instead. Interesting that this game follows another premise.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll