Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon (1989)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon (1989)

Posted at 15:23 on June 4th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
Quote:
In retrospective, some years seem to make complete sense. For example, 1989 was a year in which the moons were properly aligned and the world seemed a better place (at least for me). It was the year we were treated with great movies like "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" and "Back to the Future Part II". Our hips moved with the rhythm of the music from Tom Petty's "Free Fallin'" and "Sowing The Seeds Of Love" from Tears For Fears. Yes, 1989 definitely was a good year to be alive. It was also the year Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon came out.

Read more...
Posted at 15:45 on June 4th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Global Moderator
Retired Gumby
The 6th screen from the top is probably MrCreosote's favorite ;)
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
Posted at 22:41 on June 4th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
Told you the death scenes were fun.

In fact, today I discovered you can kill Roger by trying to pick up a piece of sharp metal.
I doubt his death was in "vein"... Go look it up.
Posted at 04:45 on June 5th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Global Moderator
Retired Gumby
I still don't know why you played the game 42 times. :)
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
Posted at 12:07 on December 29th, 2017 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Quote:
Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon was my first adventure game I was introduced to at a young age. I am rather young and as such missed out on many games when they were released in the 80's. Regardless of how old you are I think anyone can enjoy this game for what it is. It is chock-full of funny references to pop culture (The Terminator comes to mind), Monolith Burger, Astro Chicken, tinker toys, the list goes on. At its core though, it's a decent adventure game with some hurdles for the casual user.

Read more...
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll