The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Frozen Website Sections - Floppy Images - New Floppy Image Files (announce your uploads here!)
ClosedNew TopicNew Poll
» Multiple Pages: 123474849505152555657

New Floppy Image Files (announce your uploads here!)

Posted at 16:04 on September 6th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Added:

Knights of Legend (3171): Failed to run the game in 3 emulators. Copy protection?

Not added:

i'll give it a try here :)
-----
So much games...so little time..

now 425 boxed PC games. more coming !
-----
Edited by escarioth at 16:05 on September 6th, 2019
Posted at 17:18 on September 6th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
@flyers80,

Added:

The Immortal (3172): Verified
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
Posted at 17:55 on September 6th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
oooh crap.
my knights of legend is incomplete...i miss a master disk
cant install if you dont have it....thats why game wont boot )_)

a friend of mine have a similar copy ill try to ask him if i can borrow the
missing disk so i can upload it here.

sorry :) i really thought it was complete...the box/game looked brand new.. :(
-----

Posted at 18:15 on September 6th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Quote:
oooh crap.
my knights of legend is incomplete...i miss a master disk
cant install if you dont have it....thats why game wont boot )_)

I thought no installer on disk 1 or any other disk for that matter looked suspicious ;)
-----
Posted at 18:46 on September 6th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Well..this next one should be fine

Cadaver
-------
4 disks - 5.25"
*works fine !*

edit : wow this is great , dumb previous owner seems to have copied disk one
over disk 2. sorry guys seems like only 3 disks out of 4 are gonna working. :(
-----

-----
Edited by escarioth at 19:03 on September 6th, 2019
Posted at 23:45 on September 6th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
@escarioth,

Added:

Cadaver (3173): English/Francais/Deutsch. Original disk 2 is missing, replaced with self-made image.

Quote:
edit : wow this is great , dumb previous owner seems to have copied disk one
over disk 2

Yeah, good thing you told me this, because I got a little confused. To make the picture clear, disk 1 is modified (updated CADAVER.INI), but disk 2 seems like a clone of the original disk 1 with intact CADAVER.INI. I ditched disk 1, renamed disk 2 to disk 1 and the rest to 3 and 4 respectively. Finally, I completed the set with disk 2, which I made out of files. Of course, it can't be called original, but it will allow you to play the game at least. It's the best I can do here.

Now, what really puzzled me is the OEM ID of disk 1 (KEY DISK). It means, if this disk is original the game should come with physical copy protection. Only I'm not sure when or how it's supposed to manifest, because the game just runs without a problem. Even though, this set is technically incomplete, I reckon it wouldn't hurt to dump disk 1 with Teledisk just in case.
-----
-----
Edited by Moebius at 15:47 on September 7th, 2019
Posted at 00:42 on September 7th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
thanks !

this really caugh me off guard :(

but hey, my friend came with his copy of knights of legend. i uploaded the master disk that was missing earlier :)

tell me if its ok
-----

Posted at 15:45 on September 7th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Quote:
but hey, my friend came with his copy of knights of legend. i uploaded the master disk that was missing earlier :)

Seems like the disk is from the same set, but something is still missing... I can't run the game, it asks for the "character disk". I also suspect "region" disk to be missing, too.
-----
Posted at 19:32 on September 7th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Originally posted by Moebius at 15:45 on September 7th, 2019:
Quote:

Seems like the disk is from the same set, but something is still missing... I can't run the game, it asks for the "character disk". I also suspect "region" disk to be missing, too.

oh really ?
ill try install when i got a few minutes.

i had new games from which i made images to upload here (from a friend who came here yesterday). and well the USB stick just corrupt itself completely :( i'm so pissed off. all that work yesterday for absolutely nothing. i tryed some programs for recovery but nothing is happening. *sigh*

*EDIT*
I just installed Knights of legend, you are right the game ask for a caracter disk. This caracter disk (ive read it in the manual) is made for use if you are playing using floppys. If the game is installed on HDD you will have to create a region first. So click on the menu (in game...its a big book) *install new region* it will ask for a disk (disk 1 to 5 are region disk) and after thatyou go and create your caracter and start the game :) i just did
-----

-----
Edited by escarioth at 20:16 on September 7th, 2019
Posted at 20:41 on September 7th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Quote:
i had new games from which i made images to upload here (from a friend who came here yesterday). and well the USB stick just corrupt itself completely :( i'm so pissed off. all that work yesterday for absolutely nothing. i tryed some programs for recovery but nothing is happening. *sigh*

Ouch... I feel your pain, really. I hate it when something like that happens. But try not to dwell on it, pull yourself together and do it again. F*ck that USB stick.

Quote:
If the game is installed on HDD you will have to create a region first. So click on the menu (in game...its a big book) *install new region* it will ask for a disk (disk 1 to 5 are region disk) and after thatyou go and create your caracter and start the game :) i just did

Yeah, I suspected it may have required some fiddling like that, but I'll be honest with you here, I was just too lazy to experiment. Thanks for the heads-up!

Updated:

Knights of Legend (3171): Added Master Disk.
-----
-----
Edited by Moebius at 20:41 on September 7th, 2019
Posted at 00:41 on September 8th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Added:

Innocent Until Caught (3174): Fixes ID 1768. Verified
-----
Posted at 16:43 on September 8th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Ok, i did manage to get *some* files out of that
stupid USB key. Just check if they're ok

Joe & Mac - Caveman Ninja
-------------------------
2 disks - 3.5" - 1x 1.44mo + 1x 720k
*This is not the same game i uploaded, the disks were different looking then mine, and if i remember well, my second disk was a complete mess. It happened again with this version BUT i manage to get the second disk by using the same process i use for 5.25" floppys. just hopes its ok*

Alien Breed
-----------
1 disk - 3.5" - 1.44 mo
*No problems*

The Gold of the Aztecs
----------------------
2 disks - 3.5" - 1.44mo
*works perfectly*

Night Hunter
------------
2 disks - 3.5" - 720k
*Couldnt make it run.. but i guess my setup was causing this, anyway disks were fine*

Savage
------
1 disk - 3.5" - 1.44mo
*Works fine but plays too fast on a 486 lol*

ShadowGate
----------
2 disks - 5.25"
*Didnt try yet but disk could be read without problems*

and that's all, everything else was a pile of weird data. (lost like 15 games...-_-)
-----

Posted at 18:49 on September 8th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
@escarioth,

Added:

Alien Breed (3175): Modified OEM ID and RootDir (AT). ALIEN.RNC is dated 1999-07-25. Either a re-release or self-made image.

Joe & Mac: Caveman Ninja (3176): Manual copy protection. Disk 2 is 3.5" DD (720kB). Restored OEM ID and cleaned RootDir (AT).

Note: Yes, this is not the same version as ID 2666. All looks good, the game installs fine.

Night Hunter (3177): Restored OEM ID and cleaned RootDir (AT) on both disks.

Shadowgate (3178): Disk 1 is modified (updated OBJECTS.S). Missing copy protection tracks.

Note: Yes, this game should be dumped with Teledisk, too. I couldn't even run INSTALL.EXE (reports disk read error).

The Gold of the Aztecs (3179): Manual copy protection. Restored OEM ID and cleaned RootDir (AT) on both disks.

Note: Strangely, I can easily pass the protection screen by pressing random buttons every time and the game just starts. Perhaps, something will turn up later, but from here it looks as though the game is actually cracked. Must be one tricky copy protection.

Not added:

Savage: Apparently, this game is also physically protected and can't be dumped correctly with ordinary tools. Try again using Teledisk, please.

Quote:
and that's all, everything else was a pile of weird data. (lost like 15 games...-_-)

Man, that's a shame. I hope you will send the rest of it later on. Keep in mind, your contributions are among the best ones on here!
-----
-----
Edited by Moebius at 18:50 on September 8th, 2019
Posted at 19:03 on September 8th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby

as for these games i don't have them in my hands anymore. if i manage to get my friend to bring them back ill redo at least what would be good to be send as teledisk.

how long it might take, i can't say :(
-----

Posted at 20:25 on September 8th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
@escarioth,

Added:

Savage (3180): Fixed disk size, restored OEM ID, cleaned RootDir (AT).

Note: I've managed to fix the image, it was only the wrong size and a few generic issues. The game runs fine, but it's on our copy protected list, so I'm not sure why it works. I think there is a reason it didn't dump correctly and we should still try doing it again with teledisk whenever possible.
-----
-----
Edited by Moebius at 20:50 on September 8th, 2019
Posted at 00:40 on September 12th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
one game coming in for tonight

Litil Divil !
--------------
6 disks - 3.5" - 1.44mo
*Badly damaged .... i had quite a hard time making even copies of the disks... i think only one managed to pass without much errors....5 of them needed the skip errors options :( i think i'll need your help i can't even start the install....disk #2 was the worst of 'em all, took like 10 minutes to do.*
-----

Posted at 16:20 on September 12th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
@escarioth,

Added:

29_11. Manual copy protection. Restored OEM ID and cleaned RootDir (AT) on disk 2 and 4. Restored lost data (read errors) on disk 1-3, 5 and 6. Disk 3 is only partly restored (missing unused factory data from last sectors).

Thanks for this one! Phew, now that was a lot of work and, unfortunately, this time it wasn't entirely successful.

Good news first: I've managed to fix all disks, so you can restore your physical media, install and play the game without a problem.

Now the sad part: disk 3 could not be restored entirely to what would be its perfectly original state, because last sectors were completely devastated down to NULL bytes. It doesn't affect the game files, it's just some factory junk data, but that stuff is necessary to call the disk original. Plus, I'm not certain about disk 6. I did a good job restoring those tables, but I would really really want to see what they looked like before. Could you, please, try dumping disk 3 and 6 again? Do your best with UltraISO (make several dumps), then try Teledisk if possible.
-----
-----
Edited by Moebius at 04:56 on September 13th, 2019
Posted at 16:25 on September 12th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
okydoo.
i will try my best
should be back with some more litil divil files tonight.
+
1 more coming in tonight
-----

Posted at 20:26 on September 12th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
ok back home earlier...i fell ill at work and started to throw up.
anyway hope those files are not infected by my virus lol

i ve made 2 more copies of disk 3
and one more copie of disk 6....

disk 6 went from 1 to 99% without trouble but it hanged at 1%....
just before getting to 100% ...grrr.

so i guess it should be better.
if not, ill try teledisk
-----

Posted at 22:04 on September 12th, 2019 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Quote:
ok back home earlier...i fell ill at work and started to throw up.

Oops.. I hope you're doing better now!

Quote:
i ve made 2 more copies of disk 3

Sadly, no dice again. Same NULL bytes... the disk must be seriously damaged, after all. Now, I begin to doubt Teledisk can really help here, but surely... give it a go. We have no other options left, anyway.

Quote:
and one more copie of disk 6....

Ok, this is funny, because first time there were errors at the very beginning of the disk, now it's at the end. And hey, good thing I asked for a re-dump, because I didn't fix the tables quite correctly. Yes, I generated the right data, but I made a too short gap in-between them, because I forgot it varies depending on the occupied disk space *DERP!*. Now it's definitely all good!

Quote:
disk 6 went from 1 to 99% without trouble but it hanged at 1%....
just before getting to 100% ...grrr.

No worries about that, those were only blank sectors, which are now fixed.

Set re-uploaded.
-----
-----
Edited by Moebius at 16:57 on September 14th, 2019
» Multiple Pages: 123474849505152555657
ClosedNew TopicNew Poll