The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Indiana Jones and the last crusade!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Indiana Jones and the last crusade!

Posted at 06:33 on September 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Hey

Oh dear, here it comes. I'm seriously stuck at the moment... I'm in the caverns in Venice where Indy's supposed to play somethin on some skulls lined up like a piano. I KNOW the grail diary says somethin about it... and i KNOW that I'm supposed to play the notes. But I just cant seem to find any logic in it. I've tried pretty much everything but the door wont open. Does anybody know the ermm... right skulls to play? this is really bugging me... I've been looking through all walkthroughs on the internet ( I think ) and I cant find anything. Help, please?

Sophy Lawrence
-----
Hullow hullow...
Posted at 06:36 on September 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
The skull piano is exactly the place where I got stuck when I played the game first some years ago, too, and quite frankly, I don't remember the solution. But I'm sure there are other people here who do. ;)
Posted at 06:38 on September 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
I sure hope so... but thanks anyway :D
-----
Hullow hullow...
Posted at 08:17 on September 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I was just checking out my copy of the game, but unfortunately, it's from a collection which only came with the manual, but not the Grail Diary.

Quoting from my memory, the highest line in the musical notation corresponds with the left skull. The second line from the top with the second skull from the left and so on. Push the skulls in the order of the notes.

If that doesn't help and if you (or anyone else who has it) is willing to scan the relevant part, I'm sure I can 'translate' it for you. At least I could back when Tapuak was stuck there ;)

Edited by Mr Creosote at 16:25 on September, 03rd 2003
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 11:00 on September 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Well, I dont really know how to do that. But... the notes look somethin like this
________________O_____
_O_______O____________

And as you know there's 6 skulls...
I really hope you can make anything out of this.
I'd be really thrilled.

Sophy
-----
Hullow hullow...
Posted at 12:02 on September 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Well, it is strange that there are six skulls. Try pushing them in this order (numbers given from left to right): second, fifth, second, first, fifth. The sixth is probably some kind of 'reset' button. In case you make some mistake in the middle, you can't just start again, because the game will think you're still in the middle. So to start again, push the sixth skull and then start the sequence again.
-----
Posted at 13:04 on September 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Wooow... it worked! Thanks alot! I've been trying this for hours and then... its actually that simple :P My oh my...

Thank you for taking time to help me with this. I'm really grateful.

Sophy
-----
Hullow hullow...
Posted at 13:08 on September 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
You're welcome :) You're already done with the good part of the game now, though - it'll get worse gradually from now on...
-----
Posted at 13:20 on September 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I don't know about that, I actually prefer the part in the castle, which I think comes after this 'piano' thingy.
-----
"One Very Important Thought"
Posted at 13:24 on September 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
One word: Fighting.
-----
Posted at 13:36 on September 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Or talking your way out of it... :P
-----
"One Very Important Thought"
Posted at 13:38 on September 3rd, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Save game, try guessing the right answers, fail and get beaten up, load, try guessing again, fail and get beaten up, load, try guessing again,....

Edited by Mr Creosote at 21:46 on September, 03rd 2003
-----
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll