The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - [Looking for] Windows 3.11 tactical (?) isometric game with robots
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

[Looking for] Windows 3.11 tactical (?) isometric game with robots

Posted at 10:17 on August 18th, 2017 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Hey there fellas, new guy here :]

I'm trying to find a game that I've played back in 1993-94 on a school computer - the "multimedia" Windows 3.11 beast. I remember very little except for the fact that it left a lasting impression and I really want to find it (tried for years on my own with little success).

The game was probably shareware, so there was just one level that I have played over and over. It was definitely isometric, with the ability to zoom in (probably Z key) which just made the pixels double the size. You controlled two humanoid robot/android commando sort of units. The level started outside of a building (green grass, trees, etc) and once you got inside it was a typical dungeon-crawling kinda deal. Your units were using what seemed to be some sort of rifles and as a health pickup (I assume) you had to find almost literal batteries. I don't think it was a turn-based game, because at the time I hated those, but then again, I might be miss-remembering.

Aaaaand that's it - that's all I can remember 20+ years later :(
So please, if you have any idea what the game was, let me know! I'm tired of trying to figure out various ways to condense my memories into google keywords and finding nothing.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Goof folks over at Vogons already answered my question, so thanks anyway guys, topic can be closed :] Just in case anybody wonders that the game was it's Total Mayhem / Total Mania: http://www.mobygames.com/game/total-mayhem
-----
-----
Edited by PixelPolish at 16:06 on August 18th, 2017
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll