The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - How little has changed...
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

How little has changed...

Posted at 05:51 on November 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I found this post in an archived newsgroup, originally from March 13th, 1986. I beeped out the system names, because they're unimportant - insert what you like there, and you can re-use exactly the same text for today ;)

Quote:
I have been reading reviews on the net for a while and many of them say that the program does not use the potential of the *beep*.
I have to make one comment about this type of statment. Being a long time user of a *blop* model I, I learned that a game(program) does not need flashy graphics to be both enjoyable and exciting. When I got my *beep* I decided to get a machine that was the most powerful thing on the market, since I would not be getting a new one for a while. There is a trickling of programs out at this time and I have seen and read reviews on most of them. The comments that I hear from many *beep* users is `It does not use the *beep*'s full capabilities.' The other comment I hear is `This is a direct port from the *burp*' [Please don't start a flame war over this :-)]. I want to just say that a program does not need spectacular graphics to be enjoyable. I would much rather buy a program that is enjoyable than buy one that has wonderful graphics. I do not mean that developers
should forget graphics, but I don't think that a program that does not use that full *beep* potential should be panned.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll