The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - Death Penalty
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll
» Multiple Pages: 12

Death Penalty

Posted at 02:56 on June 25th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
RAF: Actually, it did happen that representatives of the German government (policemen) offensively threatened the lives of members of the RAF. One of these 'terrorists' was hunted down and executed in the early 90s in Bad Kleinen for example.

Exiling criminals: Reading just your first paragraph, I was going to ask 'where to', since sending criminals to another country hardly seems fair ;) Then I read further - this is indeed the stuff bad, bad movies are made of. Seriously: forcing all kinds of criminals together in one place (prison) is already the worst thing to do right now, your idea would take this to even higher extremes.

Rehabilitation: That's, again, the same as mentioned before: Why should the money of lawful, good people be spent on chaotic, evil people? Why should people who broke rules (laws) get extra attention/care while normal people are screwed? That hardly seems fair to me.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 07:33 on June 25th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Pada1: I doubt very much that the german government ever actually attacked the RAF

In fact, several "RAF members" were killed by the German police. The threat was not only a feeling, it was real. --> http://www.rafinfo.de/opfer.php

There is a police law in most German states that allows the killing of people by a so called "final rescue shot" ("finaler Rettungsschuss").

Quote:
Posted by Mr Creosote: Rehabilitation: That's, again, the same as mentioned before: Why should the money of lawful, good people be spent on chaotic, evil people? Why should people who broke rules (laws) get extra attention/care while normal people are screwed? That hardly seems fair to me.

Actually the money is spent for egoistic and not for humanistic reasons. If the society did nothing (spend no money), the personal danger would be even higher. It's in the "lawful people's" interest to minimize their danger. In the end, spending money on criminals is cheaper than doing nothing.
Posted at 09:06 on June 25th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
In the end, spending money on criminals is cheaper than doing nothing.
Not if you just kill them.
-----
Posted at 09:04 on July 1st, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Just for the record: Everything I said in this thread of course isn't my opinion. I just figured that there wouldn't be anyone arguing in favour of death penalty, so I decided to spice the discussion up a little :P
-----
Posted at 09:35 on July 1st, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I had no clue. :P
-----
"One Very Important Thought"
Posted at 14:43 on July 1st, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Just wanted to make sure this thread doesn't stand out as an epitome of my stupidity - there's enough evidence of that already ;)
-----
Posted at 14:45 on July 9th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Death Penalty is ok as long as Beckham is going to shoot :P Ok that was terrible!

Edited by Burseg at 04:45 on July, 09th 2004
Posted at 14:48 on July 9th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
No way! Innocent bystanders would be harmed!
-----
» Multiple Pages: 12
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll