The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - Hill Street Blues (1991)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Hill Street Blues (1991)

Posted at 08:23 on April 29th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
There are always these trends in TV programming. What used to be the big zombie wave some years ago, was the police procedurals back in the 1970s. Hill Street Blues was a fairly late arrival to this genre (running through most of the 1980s) and its computer game adaption appeared even only in the 1990s. So was it beating an already dead horse? At the time, probably, but seen from 2020 perspective, the difference between 1987 (when the series ended) and 1991 is almost neglibible for sure.

Read more...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 08:47 on April 29th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Nice seeying this one pop up, really enjoyed it back in the days.
Tried replaying it about a year ago, but sadly it didn't quite hold up in the tooth of time...
Posted at 08:55 on April 29th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Originally posted by beranmuden at 08:47 on April 29th, 2020:
Tried replaying it about a year ago, but sadly it didn't quite hold up in the tooth of time...

Indeed, one I remembered enjoying much more than I did this time around. It happens quite often that a game's own ambition and conceptual promise imprints itself on my memory more strongly than the actual execution. It's the big risk of nostalgia ;)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 08:55 on April 29th, 2020
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll