The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - looking for two lost dos adventure platformers
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

looking for two lost dos adventure platformers

Posted at 02:37 on September 8th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
the first game i'm looking for was about a guy who had to escape a jungle or something, i remember the graphics to be very brown an green. it played a lot like prince of persia and i remember that you turned into a panther early in the game. the demo i played from a german pc mag's coverdisc around '94 or '95 ended when you encountered a woman with a vodoo doll and the hero's head exploded. i think it had svga introduction screens but the gameplay was 100% vga.
does someone even know a possible name of the game?

the second one is a german shareware game called "Runen". it was a blend of prince of persia and another world, but its sprites where much smaller.
the hero looked a lot like the prince and it featured stages in the look of the games it was inspired by. you even had a gun like the one in another world later in the game.

i've been searching for these two for ages now.
thanks in advance for any help.
Posted at 05:01 on September 8th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Jill of the Jungle? :doubt:

Do you remember which magazine the disc came with?
Posted at 08:15 on September 8th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
thanks, but "jill of the jungle" has nothing to do with this game.

the magazine was "pc spiele" and the year must have been '94 or '95.
Posted at 09:43 on September 8th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
i remember the graphics to be very brown an green. it played a lot like prince of persia and i remember that you turned into a panther early in the game. the demo i played from a german pc mag's coverdisc around '94 or '95 ended when you encountered a woman with a vodoo doll and the hero's head exploded. i think it had svga introduction screens but the gameplay was 100% vga.
Putting the complete impossibility of this guess being correct, this sounds exactly like a description of Alone in the Dark 3 ;)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 10:32 on September 8th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
thanks, but was my attempt to describe that unknown game THAT bad? ;D

i may have to add that both games had flicking 2D screens and no scrolling - just like prince of persia, another world, flashback, blackthorne etc. (i'm into games like these)
Posted at 21:05 on September 8th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Does it relate to any of the King Quest?
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 01:03 on September 9th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
no, sorry. the games are just 2D platformers with adventure elements and no point and click style adventures. they were also made by independant developers and that's probably the reason why they are so hard to trace.

Edited by Kohijin at 08:56 on September, 09th 2004
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll