Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Has anyone solved The Case of the Cautious Condor or a solution? -despairs-
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll
» Multiple Pages: 123

Has anyone solved The Case of the Cautious Condor or a solution? -despairs-

Posted at 15:25 on October 22nd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
I played it so many times but can´t find the solution of the mystery.
Has anyone ever find it out?

I tried google but found no walkthrough

I would be very happy about any answer.
Posted at 06:23 on October 23rd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I don't have a step-by-step solution, but I do have several hand-written sheets full of notes about who is where on what time, items you can find and pieces of evidence (motives, opportunities etc). If you're interested, I can type it into a computer-readable format, but I won't get to it before Sunday evening.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 13:24 on October 23rd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Thanks. I looking so long for a solution.
I have also notes but I didn't solve the game yet.
I found a screenshot of the game that indicates
that this guy from india has also a motiv but I found only means and oppurtunity for him.
http://www.adventure-archiv.com/t/condor4.jpg
I don't know if this screenshot is maybe changed to
irritate players because I searched so long for an motiv without success.
Posted at 13:36 on October 23rd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
If you play the game a little longer, you'll see that practically all of the suspects had both means and motive, so that screenshot doesn't say much ;)
-----
Posted at 14:20 on October 23rd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
But I found means and opportunity for him
and the screenshots says he has also a motiv and that would be the 3 things I need.

I know that practically all of the suspects had 2 things but how I said that would be 3 things if I would find this motiv from the screenshot.
Posted at 16:23 on October 23rd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Finally I found an ending but it is not the guy from india

Spoiler

It is Lady Wallington and Capron.

But if the screenshot is true the guy from india had also all 3 things.
Has this game alternativ endings?
What ending found you?
Posted at 05:34 on October 24th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Your solution is correct. There is no alternative ending as far as I know. It's been some time, but I remember the protagonist saying in the introduction that even means, opportunity and motive combined aren't enough. Some other piece of proof is necessary. So it's entirely possible that other characters had all three indicators, but weren't the actual murderers.

Since you've just finished it now, could you write up a step-by-step solution, i.e. when to be where and to do what? I'd publish it on the site then, making it the only solution on the whole web - written by you ;)
-----
Posted at 07:14 on October 24th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
I will a write a walkthrough.
But first a watch every scene from the game (over 200) with a little trick I figured out and look if there are a motiv for this guy.
Posted at 14:31 on October 24th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
I have now watched every scene and there is no motiv for Jagdish Mehta. If there is no other version of the game this picture must be a fake.
I have also written a walkthrough.(zork is my other name) Maybe you can test it if you want. And maybe my english is not perfect because I'm from germany.

Now then I have solved the game and I ask myself what meanings the clues have for example that toupee or that book
What do you think?

You can put this walkthrough on your site and I put it maybe later also on another site

walkthrough for Case of the Cautious Condor

This is only a straight walkthrough. To hear and see everything you should play the game more than
one time and go to every room to every time.
You should also click on prologue on the start menue to see a nice intro (it is NOT the same with that the game starts)

Conversations appear automatically in a room with people after waiting a moment.
You can look for clues in a room by clicking on the magnifier. You find maybe more if no people are in this room who disturb your search.
You can accuse people for the crime by clicking on the handcuffs and then on the portrait of the person. This person must be in the same room like you.
It is better to have evidences when you accuse someone but if you want you can try it without to see what they say.
If you found one or more evidences they answer maybe different.
You can click on the portrait of a person to see what you already found. The goal is to find motiv, means and opportunity. Click on the "background" for background information.

map

z Aft Lounge
y Stateroom 2
x Stateroom 3
w Stateroom 1
v Master Stateroom
u Forward Observation Deck
t Aft Observation Deck
s Main Salon
r Dining Salon
q Forward Lounge
p Galley

----------------
/ I y I w I
[ z =============== u >
I x I v I /
----------------

----------------
/ I s I q
[ t -------------------->
I r I p /
----------------

You have only 30 minutes time to solve the case so you should only do what is written in the walkthrough for other experiments play it again and wait not too long after a conversation before you go in the next room to solve the game in time.

1 Go to room p Galley - Conversation with Vera Simmons
2 Go to room t Aft Observation Deck - Conversation with Lady Waddington
3 Go to room q Forward Lounge - Conversation between Hernando Cabron and Madame Petrovka and with Wanda Shepard
4 Go to room u Forward Observation Deck - Conversation between Vera Simmons, Hyacynthia Dunne and Hernando Cabron
5 Accuse Hyacynthia Dunne by clicking on the handcuffs and then on the potrait of her
6 Go to room r Dining Salon - Conversation between Vera Simmons, Madame Petrovka and Franois Leclerc
7 Go to room z Aft Lounge - Conversation with Okanjo Kudasai
8 Go to room u Forward Observation Deck - Conversation between Madame Petrovka, Prince Farouk and Hermann Schnorrer
9 Go to room t Aft Observation Deck - Conversation with Franois Leclerc and Wanda Shepard
10 Go to room r Dining Salon - Conversation between Prince Farouk and Jagdish Mehta

11 Go to room u Aft Observation Deck - Conversation between Madame Petrovka and Hernando Cabron and with Okanjo Kudasai
12 Accuse Hernando Cabron by clicking on the handcuffs and then on the portrait of him

or

11 Go to room t Forward Observation Deck - Conversation between Vera Simmons, Lady Waddington and Franois Leclerc
12 Accuse Lady Waddington by clicking on the handcuffs and then on the portrait of her

The End

walkthrough by zork
Posted at 14:33 on October 24th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Strange. My map in asci art appears changed in the posting.
Posted at 14:35 on October 24th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
if you quote my walkthrough you can see how it should looks like
Posted at 17:11 on October 24th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Cheers, I've confirmed your solution, and it's working fine. I've made a few corrections to the language, too, and it's now online at the site.

Quote:
Now then I have solved the game and I ask myself what meanings the clues have for example that toupee or that book
What do you think?
Those are pure red herrings. I guess they made the game engine support such items, and maybe they played an actual role in later games - but in this one, they're just distrations from the point. Just like Mr Kudasai being a spy and all those other dead ends.
-----
Posted at 12:00 on October 30th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Someone asked me a strange question:
Why is this game called cautious condor.
I mean condor is the name of the airplane. Why is it cautious?
I don't know an answer.

edit test

Edited by Zork at 20:17 on November, 02nd 2004
Posted at 13:31 on October 30th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Umm.... good question. I don't have the faintest idea...
-----
Posted at 13:45 on October 30th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
A condor is also a kind of eagle. Might be it.
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 13:55 on October 30th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Yes, that's why the plane is called 'Condor', but why is it 'cautious'?
-----
Posted at 15:32 on November 1st, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
I thought a little bit about it.
Perhaps is it called cautious because it is flying back in care of Barnard.

edit test

Edited by Zork at 20:17 on November, 02nd 2004
Posted at 15:57 on November 1st, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Don't know... it's possible, but not too convincing. I tend towards the theory that 'Condor' is in some way meant in an ambigous way, and that the attribute 'Cautious' somehow relates to this second meaning. For example, it could have some link to the 'Mongoose'. Any idea if condors hunt these animals? If they would, the 'second condor' in this game could be either Bronson Barnard or Ned Peters, as they're both trying to catch the Mongoose...
-----
Posted at 16:42 on November 1st, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Mr Creosote at 00:47 on November, 2nd 2004:

Any idea if condors hunt these animals?

I don't know if they live in the same regions.
But it's an interesting theorie and possible that it's meant so.

[fixed quote -Mr Creosote]

edit test

Edited by Zork at 20:09 on November, 02nd 2004
Posted at 03:59 on November 2nd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Well, even if it is, there's still the question who is the 'condor' and how it's 'cautious'. I think it makes most sense that it's Barnard, because he took all the time he needed to investigate the murder instead of striking immediately when he had a suspicion - just like a condor hovering over its prey. Ned Peters on the other hand isn't overly subtle in his investigation ;)
-----
» Multiple Pages: 123
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll