The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - A silly note about games languages
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

A silly note about games languages

Posted at 09:28 on August 8th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Well, nothing to really take seriously, Im just being overcorrect for this message and didn't have anything important to do.

If the languages in which the games are avaidable should be in their own language, then when a game exists in spanish it would not be in espa?ol, but in castellano, as that is the name of the spanish language, and probably that happens with other languages.

(Im just being silly, so I hope nobody gets offended for the overcorrection).
Posted at 09:50 on August 8th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
No offense taken, everything should be as correct as possible. I'll make the changes tonight :) Now I'm just wondering why I keep reading 'Espa?ol' everywhere - what does it mean?
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 09:58 on August 8th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Well, really what we speak is the language that developed in the reign of Castilla, and it is called Castellano. Espa?ol is used for simplicity, as it means "of Spain", but really we have around four languages, mainly from the north as they were shaped during the times of the reconquest.

In Galicia there is the Gallego, and in Asturias the Bable, that means languaje; they are similar and in great part are old spanish. There is also the Euskeda, in the vasque country; a pre-latin, some say even pre-celtic, language that was nearly dead but the nacionalists revived. Catal?n and variations is a language spoken in the mediterranean zone.

But mainly the Castellano, that would mean Castellian, of the castle, is what is spoken in Spain and south America.
Posted at 11:01 on August 8th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Well, that's all clear now. I changed the word in all game entries.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 12:05 on August 8th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
A little note that can help to know the diference between Castellano and Espa?ol that I didn't say.

Some people would say that Castellano is the spanish of Spain while Espa?ol would be to all the variations, from the south America ones to the jewish-spanish, the nearly dead Ladino. And as the games are translated in Spain (but before the translations where usually from south America) the are in Castellano.
Posted at 08:03 on August 9th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
Well, really what we speak is the language that developed in the reign of Castilla, and it is called Castellano. Espa?ol is used for simplicity [...]

Now I see. Sometimes I wondered if there's any difference between "Castellano" and "Espa?ol" when I was asked to choose a language for websites, DVDs and such. Another puzzle solved. :P
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll