The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - What happened to this forum? - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: RLY$3
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 05:38 on July 23rd, 2021 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
That's the dilemma of it. Everyone I ask says the same. "I'm not the one, I'm just a passive reader. Where is everyone else?" Well, everyone else is doing the same: passively waiting for the other people to say something. This website isn't nearly as popular anymore as it was years ago, but there is still a nice four figure number visiting every day. Though nobody interested in games. Yes, I also wonder why they're visiting, then.

Take this thread. You took the time to post twice. Nice. But then, you could have spent the same amount of time posting something nice. Something positive for other people to react to. Or react to something else there is. But no, instead, you focus on the negative.

The downwards spiral started fifteen years ago. That was when we were at our peak. Nobody has managed to stop it since then. For my part, I've lamented it enough. I'll take do what I can and enjoy what I can.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 06:07 on July 23rd, 2021
Posted at 01:41 on July 23rd, 2021 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
I've always rarely logged in. That's just me. But even a few years ago, regardless of whether I myself am posting, the forum was always full of activity. Now it's not.

I've never been nearly as active in the collecting or preservation scene for DOS, save for the titles I was interested in. I have very little experience in this aspect of preservation. But I still fully appreciated the output of work that had been done in this site's effort and the resulting preservation of DOS software. I'd often come here to view the forum, see new posts on people's latest purchases or newest additions to the archive, discussing disk backup options or developments, etc.

Me hardly ever posting never had a hand in the forum activity; it's about the community as a whole. It is now all but gone, it seems.
-----
Edited by contrafan at 01:43 on July 23rd, 2021
Posted at 05:08 on July 22nd, 2021 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
It is as active as people make it. Maybe ask yourself: why are you, as you say, rarely logged in? Why are you not posting? It's not the lack of new topics, is it? Not interested in anything?
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 03:00 on July 22nd, 2021 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
I'm rarely logged in here. The place seems to have become a graveyard with hardly any activity compared to just a few years ago. Have most users migrated to another part of the community or something?