The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Comments / Discussion - Dungeon Hack (1993)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Dungeon Hack (1993)

Posted at 12:00 on August 7th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Feel free to share anything about Dungeon Hack (1993) here!
Posted at 05:00 on August 9th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I quite like this game. Not too RPG-like, it's just a Hack clone, and a very good one. Compared to the Beholder series, I prefer the restriction to one character and even smaller complexity. Nothing fancy, but just simple fun.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 15:43 on August 9th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
The random level generator makes the game extremely difficult at times, as there can be a item eating monster and really chew up your equipment. Also sometimes you have to buzz through the water filled levels. A great point in this game is that you can throw anything, just put it in the dungeon window near the top. They go mighty slow and if you move forward to quickly after throwing the item, you can get damage from the item!
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 23:00 on August 9th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I remember playing that game a long time back in the days. It's fun, and it's a real challenge to manage to complete it.
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 08:55 on November 15th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dungeon Hack is the BEST DOS game I have ever played, and i am very happy to find a copy again. I think anyone who loves AD&D and has a sense of adventure (and doesn't care about grafics) will absolutly love this game!!!
Posted at 11:54 on November 15th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Well, there are better adventure games, look at the other RPGs in this page for example. Dungeon Hack is a fun game when you only wish to enter a dungeon, but lacks depth.
Posted at 02:15 on November 4th, 2017 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
Yes, Dungeon Hack is nothing more, nothing less than a Rogue clone that happens to also be a licensed Advanced Dungeon and Dragons product. It's even reusing an existing engine (Eye of the Beholder III's Aesop engine). Basically what Dungeons of the Necromancer's Domain aspired to be, with silly pseudo-3d graphics.
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll