The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Frozen Website Sections - Floppy Images - New Floppy Image Files (announce your uploads here!)
ClosedNew TopicNew Poll
» Multiple Pages: 123456751525354555657

New Floppy Image Files (announce your uploads here!)

Posted at 09:05 on August 29th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
I would like to propose having this thread shared among everyone who intends to make new uploads instead of making a lot of separate ones. It is also more convenient for me to announce new uploads from other people who have only just joined us and don't know exactly how things work here. Since floppy image files is a matter that can't be resolved immediately people at least must have a right to know what goes on behind the curtain.
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
Posted at 09:05 on August 29th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
And our debutant here is BootSector who has uploaded disk images of Star Fleet II: Krellan Commander.
-----
Posted at 14:08 on September 3rd, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
This will help a lot to keep track of things. Also, to make things clear for new people, right I will give priority to new upload, as long as they are smaller than twenty games, will add them in the following 30 days to being received.
Posted at 10:23 on September 10th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I'm adding this as an additional post for clarity.

In the server, in BootSector folder, I only see scans for the Starfleet 2, and not the images. Is it just me? We may need to ask him for those images otherwise.
Posted at 11:00 on September 10th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Oh yes, you're right. I dunno how i moved only the scans and never the actual images. Sorry about that. I've pm'd him now.
-----
Posted at 16:10 on September 10th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
The files are in.
-----
Posted at 10:32 on September 11th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Hi, I added several disk images a few months back (March I think), can't remember them all now. Got a message to say they had been received from Vegabond, but never heard back to if they had been tested. Are they still on the list?
Posted at 10:47 on September 11th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Which images were they? I don't see them in the backlog, and in the page you have 5 contribution points, which I suppose are from the images.
Posted at 11:45 on September 11th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Originally posted by French990 at 10:32 on September 11th, 2016:
Hi, I added several disk images a few months back (March I think), can't remember them all now. Got a message to say they had been received from Vegabond, but never heard back to if they had been tested. Are they still on the list?

Just browse our disk image section for those files (which you can still remember), you should be credited.

"VEgabond", heh.. i like it. Almost makes me regret i wasn't clever enough to use that one instead.

We've got a disk image of Might & Magic II from Dino Van Bedt, though i looked inside it and could clearly tell it's a fake, cause the one who made it wasn't even prudent enough to use the original files with correct timestamps.
-----
-----
Edited by Vagabond at 16:22 on September 11th, 2016
Posted at 15:59 on September 11th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Added the Star Fleet 2 images from BootSector.

The MM2 image size is wrong too, can you email Dino Van Belt and ask him about the method he used to create it?
Posted at 16:05 on September 11th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Quote:

I think you forgot to give him points?

Quote:
The MM2 image size is wrong too, can you email Dino Van Belt and ask him about the method he used to create it?

I'd rather just invite him to this thread cause there might be more to the details.
-----
Posted at 16:23 on September 11th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Originally posted by Wandrell at 15:59 on September 11th, 2016:

I used Disk Copy Plus on my old DOS machine (the only one I have with a floppy drive).
I opened it in WinImage and saved it as a .ima, and it seems to be the right size (about 1.44m).
The file I uploaded copies fine to floppy, but i can upload the other file if you wish.
Posted at 16:30 on September 11th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Quote:
I used Disk Copy Plus on my old DOS machine (the only one I have with a floppy drive).
I opened it in WinImage and saved it as a .ima, and it seems to be the right size (about 1.44m).
The file I uploaded copies fine to floppy, but i can upload the other file if you wish.

Oops.. sorry. I assumed someone faked the file, my apologies. But how on earth did you get the wrong timestamps? How come it's from 1996?
-----
Posted at 16:35 on September 11th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
That must be because I used a backup, my original disk died long ago (probably around 1996 I guess).
If it's not valid, I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to break the rules.
Posted at 16:56 on September 11th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Originally posted by Moebius at 16:05 on September 11th, 2016:
Quote:

I think you forgot to give him points?

Points for floppy images are generated automatically and periodically, so just wait for the next refresh.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 17:13 on September 11th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
I can't see credits (for anyone) against any disk images as far as I can see.

I'm pretty sure this is what I submitted, I only submitted disk that didn't exist in your database (at the time) or were incomplete on your db.

So it should have been:
Dreamweb
Innocent Until Caught
Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes
Operation Stealth
Ultima VII: The Black Gate

"Innocent Until Caught" don't seem to be in the list at the moment. As to the others, I can see games that are in the list that match my SHA1 tag, however they are listed as unverified. I thought that meant they had not been processed.

But it is five games, so if its one point per game, then I guess that adds up.
Posted at 17:27 on September 11th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Quote:
Points for floppy images are generated automatically and periodically, so just wait for the next refresh.

Didn't know about that, but sounds convenient alright. Speaking of points, i have some new ideas as to optimization of credit giving system. We shall discuss it elsewhere.

Quote:

Can't you see your nick here?
-----
Posted at 17:47 on September 11th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Originally posted by Moebius at 17:27 on September 11th, 2016:
Quote:

Can't you see your nick here?

No, but it's here: /points/id%2C3551/.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 20:01 on September 11th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Added the Might and Magic 2 images, marking them as modified. The size is correct (Filezilla was showing bytes, not kilobytes, so I made a mistake), still, is it just a single disk? The other M&M games, including the first, are multidisk, and trying to install the game fails when asking for the third disk (this may be due to the disk being modified, or just because I tried in dosbox).

As for French990 images, you can find them here:
http://www.goodolddays.net/diskimages/id%2C1554/
http://www.goodolddays.net/diskimages/id%2C1555/
http://www.goodolddays.net/diskimages/id%2C1556/
http://www.goodolddays.net/diskimages/id%2C1557/

Can't find Innocent Until Caught, and don't remember what happened to it. Can you send the images again so I can check them?

If the images are unverified that just means we haven't verified them as correctly working. Usually ibmpc5150 takes care of that, or they may get verified when someone else creates images from their disks and gets the same hashes.
-----
Edited by Wandrell at 20:02 on September 11th, 2016
Posted at 20:09 on September 11th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
The image is for a single 3.5" HD, iirc.
I just tried my disk, playing from the disk and installing to c drive, and everything went fine.
I'm going to try writing the image on another disk to be sure it works, I'll tell you in a minute.
[Edit] Turns out I was wrong, my backup is missing some files (when you do "install 4 c:" instead of "install 16 c:"). I'm going to dig in my old disks box to see if i find a better backup.
[Edit2] Found ! This time all the files are there.
-----
Edited by Dino Van Bedt at 21:33 on September 11th, 2016
» Multiple Pages: 123456751525354555657
ClosedNew TopicNew Poll