The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - FIFA World Cup tickets - spyware - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: iMUt!
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 14:40 on February 9th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
If you are a student, and buy a season pass to a sporting event here, they give you a special t shirt that you have to wear to every game, otherwise they won't let you in.
So I guess it's you whom I should thank for this 'trend' :angry:
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 10:40 on February 9th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
Just read that tickets to the world cup in 2006 are only sold 'personalized'.

It's quite annoying anyway. You can "apply" to buy tickets, but you only take part in a kind of lottery because their ticket stock isn't large enough (of course). As far as I know, you have to enter your data even if you don't really get the tickets.

Edited by Tapuak at 18:41 on February, 09th 2005
Posted at 18:53 on February 6th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
If you are a student, and buy a season pass to a sporting event here, they give you a special t shirt that you have to wear to every game, otherwise they won't let you in.

But it sounds like they are just totally whoring themselves out to the big boys, and screwing the fans.
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 14:05 on February 6th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Quote:
How lame is all of that?

You are talking about soccer in general or the monopoly of those giants during that event? :P
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 05:02 on February 6th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Just read that tickets to the world cup in 2006 are only sold 'personalized'. That means buyers have to give lots of personal data: their name, birthdate and the number of their id card are just a few of them. Reselling tickets isn't allowed, giving them back to get the money back isn't possible, either. All tickets will be equipped with RFID chips 'for identification'.

Also, since Master Card is one of the main sponsors of the event, it's the only credit card which is accepted as payment. Fans aren't allowed to wear clothing which shows big logos of competitors of the sponsors in the stadiums. McDonald's has bought a monopoly on selling food during the matches.

How lame is all of that?
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!