The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Problem making Murder Makes Strange Deadfellows CD - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: rhfeX
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 11:18 on June 3rd, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Glad to know it all worked out :)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 11:16 on June 3rd, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
All ok now. The problem was with the version of Nero Express I had. I emailed them about it and they sent me an upgrade. I created the CD and this time it has files on it.
Haven't had time to run the game yet.

John
Posted at 08:23 on May 28th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Check if the program you burned the CD with shows the files. If it does, it is as ardell said: the CD has to be 'closed', 'finalized' or whatever your program calls it.
-----
Posted at 08:11 on May 28th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
I don't know anything about "closing" a CD.

When I display the CD with Explorer, there are no files shown, but right-clicking and selecting Properties then General shows 396 MB used, and Volumes shows a checkmark, no name, no size, and type "data".

I downloaded CDRDAO but it seems to be only source code, no executable.
Posted at 09:13 on May 27th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Did you "close" the CD, ie not just the session?

Always best: ISO-9660 to standard 650mb CD-R, unless the original used Joliet or 700mb (not likely with older games).

Never good: Direct-CD, CD-RW, multiple sessions.

Edited by ardell at 17:16 on May, 27th 2005
Posted at 09:08 on May 27th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Yes, there have been problems with this image right from the start, so it's very well possible there are still incompatibilities. I burned it with CDRDAO, and that worked fine. Does anyone else have success stories with other programs or can anyone confirm the problems with the ones mentioned above?
-----
Posted at 08:41 on May 27th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
I downloaded and extracted this game and got a deadfellows.cue and a deadfellows.bin file.
I have Nero Express as my CD writer; it errored off when I selected the .cue file to write to CD.
I downloaded CloneCD and selected the .bin file. It wrote a CD, 415 MB, but Windows 98SE doesn't recognize any files on it. "Properties" says 415 MB used, but the files display shows nothing.

Any ideas how I can get this to work?