The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Really small error - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: bw0q$
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 14:44 on September 7th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I always tend to play Psilons too, and the trick is either luck or diplomacy in early games. If you can manage to "persuade" the other factions around you to leave you alone until mid-game where you can start to produce over overpowered ships VS those your opponents can do, then you already won the game.
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 12:03 on September 7th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Mr Creosote at 10:28 on September, 7th 2005:

Quote:
it's five
That's right. Corrected. The review has been online since April 2000, and you're the first one to notice (the first one who has read it?) by the way ;)

Naaah, guess I'm just the first to read it after playing :)

Quote:
Quote:
when should I stop investing everything in industry and move on to colonising planets?
Umm.... immediately? After about five rounds, I start distributing the production amongst industry (still the main chunk, of course), science and a tiny little bit for building colony ships. Even if the prediction is at several hundred years to finish building it then, at least the production is already started, and then I gradually increase production. There isn't much of another choice on the first planet, because if everything goes into industry for a long time, absolutely no technological advances will happen, leaving you behind badly on higher difficulty levels. Also, expansion is probably the most important thing at the beginning of the game...

My biggest problems are still in the early game. I like Psilons best, which are weak in early game, plus I always seem to start off slower than the others. I'll try doing it your way.

[fixed quotes -Mr Creosote]

Edited by Mr Creosote at 21:15 on September, 07th 2005
-----
If it ain't broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Posted at 02:28 on September 7th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
it's five
That's right. Corrected. The review has been online since April 2000, and you're the first one to notice (the first one who has read it?) by the way ;)

Quote:
when should I stop investing everything in industry and move on to colonising planets?
Umm.... immediately? After about five rounds, I start distributing the production amongst industry (still the main chunk, of course), science and a tiny little bit for building colony ships. Even if the prediction is at several hundred years to finish building it then, at least the production is already started, and then I gradually increase production. There isn't much of another choice on the first planet, because if everything goes into industry for a long time, absolutely no technological advances will happen, leaving you behind badly on higher difficulty levels. Also, expansion is probably the most important thing at the beginning of the game...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 15:21 on September 6th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
In the MOO review, it says that you can have a max of four AI opponents. However, it's five.

Speaking of MOO, any good starting strategies? when should I stop investing everything in industry and move on to colonising planets?
-----
If it ain't broken, you're not trying hard enough.