The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Small bugs
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll
» Multiple Pages: 1234567

Small bugs

Posted at 09:14 on March 9th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Ouch. Sorry for that; I meant that it looked good. You know, in my book, professional is always good ;)
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 09:37 on March 9th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I'll never forgive you, you pervert :angry:
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 10:00 on March 9th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Hey! It wasn't me who touched you inaproppriately, so don't call me a pervert :P
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 10:02 on March 9th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
That actually proves my point perfectly: you considering a normal handshake 'inappropriate'. Pervert!
-----
Posted at 11:10 on March 9th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
It depends on how often you wash your hands.
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 01:04 on March 11th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Apparently 'Today's Birthdays' still shows 'none' even though there are birthdays listed for today. Shouldn't be that hard to correct I suppose, just letting you know in case you didn't notice.
-----
"One Very Important Thought"
Posted at 04:07 on March 11th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Timezone fix added.
-----
Posted at 17:58 on March 14th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
This is not really a bug, but only an observation; GentlemanXYX seems to be 104 years old this month...

It is obviously not the thruth, but do we need to allow people to have the option of setting themselve such a low birthday date? We all know that nobody older than about 80 years old would ever post in a forum like ours, let alone play with a computer regularly...
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 18:08 on March 14th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
The oldest birthdate the scripts allows you to set it January 1st, 1900, so that's perfectly possible. You're of course right that it's highly unlikely that this is correct. Actually, it's most likely a leftover from the days when the birthday field defaulted to said date if none was set. I converted all '1.1.1900' birthdays to 'n/a', but some people have apparantely set part of their birthday (day/month, some also year only) and left part on the default setting. That is also why there are relatively many people listed on January 1st (but with different years). The problem: I don't really know for whom this setting was 'default - n/a' and who wanted to set it to this date. In the case of 1900, I might as well change it, though, since it's fairly obvious. All the 'beginning-of-the-year' people will have to stay, though, because that's not so clear.
-----
Posted at 06:04 on March 15th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Not a bug, but something that could be improved: In the admin panel (board settings), there's a "Timezone Adjustment (hours)" set to 7. It's not shown what's the default setting, i.e. what's the time setting without adjustment.
Posted at 07:13 on March 15th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Server time is now displayed below the text field.

Edit: forgot to mention it last night, but I actually did set all members with birthyear 1900 to 'unknown age'.

Edited by Mr Creosote at 15:25 on March, 15th 2004
-----
Posted at 07:45 on March 15th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Very good. :)

Next suggestion: Adding a preview field behind "Misc Background Colour" 1/2/3, so you can see where they are used.
Posted at 07:55 on March 15th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Next one: Add a caption to the "Modify Member" and "Delete Member" pages (above the drop down menus).
Posted at 09:59 on March 15th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Added the captions, but I'm not so sure how to do this preview. After all, all colours are used in many places, and I can't possibly make a preview for them all. When modifying the colours, there is one perfect preview already: the forum itself ;)
-----
Posted at 10:49 on March 15th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I think a small table cell that shows the current colour is enough. You could see what you change.
Posted at 10:51 on March 15th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Erm.... I think I misunderstood something there. Do you just want a preview of the colour or of the whole forum layout including these newly set colours?
-----
Posted at 11:01 on March 15th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I meant a preview of the colour. If you can see the colour, you can look for it in the forum itself, and you know what parts will be edited.
Posted at 11:39 on March 15th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
That makes sense. Added.
-----
Posted at 14:26 on March 26th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
On the descussion summary pages the Forum Jump box seems to be incorrect, the text appears beside the dropdown box like so: