The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Frozen Website Sections - Comics - Comic updates
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Comic updates

Posted at 23:40 on November 23rd, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Looking forward to your next He-Man comic update - by the way - the english audiobooks/read alongs would be great, too :P
Actually I only listend to "The Power of the evil horde" and "The Power ofPoint Dread" - but as I know from masterscast there should be many some more of these great audistories :)

Oh hey - wouldn't be masterscast.com a nice link for your MotU Link section? - Yes I'm a masterscast fan - great show :P
-----
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Posted at 08:37 on November 24th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Well, as I'm saying on the comics page, it's a question of availability. I only have one or two of those, and in any case, I don't even have a record player to copy the audio into a digital format. So there's little I can do.

Also, other comic updates won't be that many anymore. There are two Ladybirds left, and then I'll probably continue with the Interpart comics, but as you can read on the site, I'm missing one of those - again, it's a question of whether anyone else is willing to help out. So far, there has been zero reaction, just lots and lots of passive downloads.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 12:02 on November 24th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
It might not be an issue of who's willing to help, but rather who's able to help.
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
Posted at 12:10 on November 24th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Of course, however, I'm also asking a few questions about the existence of certain comics on that page. Looking at the amount of visits, I find it unlikely that no single person who can at least tell something about one or two things has come across them. Then again, I can't know, yes. In any case, my offer to scan more stands, and I can only wait.
-----
Posted at 14:44 on November 24th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
He-man.org has a lot of info on the various comics and books: http://www.he-man.org/primary_sects/comics/html/index.shtml
The annuals appear to have run form 83 or 84 (depending how you count the first issue, which was labled 84, but sold in 83) through 89. There's also a long list of the golden books, although I can't find anything about the UK comics.
-----
Posted at 14:50 on November 24th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Cypherswipe at 15:44 on November 24th, 2006:

The annuals appear to have run form 83 or 84 (depending how you count the first issue, which was labled 84, but sold in 83) through 89. There's also a long list of the golden books, although I can't find anything about the UK comics.

Uh... I'm probably blind, but where do you see that info on that site? I can find no mention of either the UK Annuals or the Golden Books :(
-----
Posted at 16:14 on November 24th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Oh yeah, I was thinking all the links were on that page. Click the "books" and "magazines" links at the top.
Golden Books
UK Annuals
83/84 annual
-----
Posted at 18:25 on November 24th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Wow, I really never found this! This already helps a lot, and I even found a list of the UK comics there (they're listed under magazines - the structure there really is anything but logical). I'll go compare my lists now :)
-----
Posted at 19:19 on November 24th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
Orko tries to play kickball in this issue's comedy strip... which proves to be pretty hard for him, as his legs aren't long enough!

He has legs??
-----
Posted at 19:26 on November 24th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Nope, I guess that is the point of the joke...
-----
Posted at 08:50 on March 9th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Bachelor Gumby
Interest in a "new" She-Ra comic?
OK, it's not He-Man, but there is a lot of Hordak in it :P

Attachment: *****
-----
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
-----
Edited by Dr.Tod at 08:51 on March 9th, 2007
Posted at 08:55 on March 9th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Sure, there are a few She-Ra minicomics on the site already. If you send it, be patient, though, please, because I currently have a huge backlog of comics I have already scanned (or which other people sent), and which are still waiting for comments to be written. Which I can't do at the moment because of university work. Still, everything will be added eventually (and you can help speeding it up by contributing story synopsis and comments yourself ;)).
-----
Posted at 16:42 on March 9th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Ah, I see ;)
I will upload the scan imediately - and I will think about comenting it - but thats no promiese :P
-----
Posted at 09:00 on March 10th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
The scan arrived well, thanks.
-----
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll