The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Hardest.Game.Ever - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: 7N7EI
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 15:37 on August 12th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Tapuak at 15:38 on August, 12th 2004:

Just wanted to tell you that I finished Commandos yesterday. You may call me a geek now. ;)

By the way, it was especially great because you get directly to the main menu after the final level. :P
It's not like you followed the 'story' anyway, so why even bother making an 'outro'? ;)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 07:47 on August 12th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Just wanted to tell you that I finished Commandos yesterday. You may call me a geek now. ;)

By the way, it was especially great because you get directly to the main menu after the final level. :P
Posted at 11:20 on July 3rd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I finished Bubble Bobble myself with the help of my brother playing as teamates. I agree, the last levels are hard... But wait to get to the 100th level! That one is almost impossible!
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 16:17 on June 28th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I find the arcade version of Black Tiger quite taxing. I lost a kings rasnom on it as a child, and I still cant beat it with infinate credits and good old cheat.dat on MAME.

I suffer from this on Karnov as well.

And the 98th level of Bubble Bobble IS impossible. I wont believe its possible until ive seen it done in the flesh with my own eyes.

And of course.... Jet Set Willy :P
Posted at 15:46 on June 28th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Mission Impossible (C64) for me it was a truly impossible game to finish, so I setteled on finishing as much rooms as possible.
-----
Lets make this a beefy place
Posted at 09:10 on June 25th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I remember one especially nasty scene in AitD3: when you get out of the barn, some zombie comes running for a suitcase containing explosives (?). I had to try this dozens of times to get the timing right.
-----
Posted at 07:49 on June 25th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I've always found the difficulty of Indy 4 very well balanced. Not too easy, not too hard.

Another hard one: Alone in the Dark 3. There are some unfair parts, but after all, you can finish it.
Posted at 02:41 on June 25th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Indy 4? That's one game I wouldn't have expected here in this thread. It's certainly not very easy, but I couldn't name any puzzle where I was stuck for a really long time now. And no, I didn't use a walkthrough, because I didn't have one available at that time :P
-----
Posted at 17:48 on June 24th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Quote:
Apparently, you're the first person in the world who has ever finished it! ;)
The only really tricky parts as far as I'm concerned are
A: the time limit but that usually isn't a problem after a few tries.
B: One really fat guard who is the second best (third if you count the player of course :) ) warrior in the game. He kicks my arse a lot of times so getting past him can be a prob but not impossible.
C: your reflection (only valid the first time you play, 'cause after that you know what to do)

Quote:
Discworld is really impossible to finish if you haven't at least read a few of the books. The logic is too different to follow otherwise.
(And even if you have read them, it's mostly trial-and-error)

Whilst I agree that reading the books helps to understand the logic in some parts of the game, in general I didn't find it that hard an adventure. Maybe my logic is as twisted as Pratchett's ;)

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis ranks as one of the thoughest games I've beaten so far. You can hardly call it impossible to finish but it sure is hard to do it without any help. Also one of the most enjoyable adventures I've played with its multiple storyline and such (+ Indy remains to be cool even if he is 50+ by now :) )

A game which is also nearly impossible to finish was Daggerfall... not so much because of the game itself but more because of the plentifull bugs. Although when I actually managed to finish it, it turned out to be pretty hard.

There is but 1 game I can remember as actually being impossible to beat and that was an RTS where you played both sides of a conflict simultaniously but those missions where ridicioulsly hard and the controls and AI totally screwed any chance of succes. too bad I can't remember the name right now but that is actually the one game I can remember I had to put away because I couldn't hack it. All others (as far as I can remember) I either finished or got too bored with to even try to finish (which in it's own way I guess also counts as being impossible to beat... :))
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 07:37 on June 24th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
I agree on Xadium, too.
I guess that makes you one of the three people on earth who have played that game and remember it ;)
-----
Posted at 02:31 on June 24th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I only played prince of persia once or twice because I could never get it to work for long
(original version) but I agree with the difficulty!

Larry 6: first larry game I finished without help.
indeed, wicked puzzles!
I agree on Xadium, too.

I just remembered another one (quite new):
Vietcong. Comes with a lot of nasty bugs, but when I tried to finish a cooperative multiplayer mission with two of my friends, our kill count was lower than the AI's...first time a shooter could do THAT to me.

And another: kid icarus(nes)
Dang, that was hard!

Edited by Johann67 at 11:46 on June, 24th 2004
-----
If it ain't broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Posted at 16:15 on June 23rd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Tuss at 19:12 on June, 23rd 2004:

I keep trying Sensible World of Soccer because a lot of people say how great it is. I think over the years I've managed to score one goal, and that when I was using the best team playing the worst.
Oho! You would be skinned alive if you said that in another forum I'm visiting :P
-----
Posted at 10:12 on June 23rd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I keep trying Sensible World of Soccer because a lot of people say how great it is. I think over the years I've managed to score one goal, and that when I was using the best team playing the worst.
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 08:16 on June 23rd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Johann: 3. Commandos-behind enemy lines (PC)

Agreed! I got pretty far in that game, but at some point I surrendered because it was so damn tough!
Posted at 07:20 on June 23rd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
This reminds me I should try it again to see if I can still finish it.

Apparently, you're the first person in the world who has ever finished it! ;)

- Kick Off 2: Hardest football game ever.
Posted at 06:49 on June 23rd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Quote:
Mr Creosote: One addition: Prince of Persia. I'm always falling down (and die) because I can't make the long jumps.

One of my favourites. :P
Until the point where you know all the levels by heart it's very hard indeed. This reminds me I should try it again to see if I can still finish it. :)

Can't think of a top five for the moment but one game that's nearly unbeatable is Street Rod 2 (PC/Amiga): a street racing game in which you have to beat 'the King'. It was doable in Street Rod 1 but the sequel is just impossible if you ask me.
-----
"One Very Important Thought"
Posted at 06:13 on June 23rd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I think you meant Larry 6 ;) It's the one where Larry wins a stay in some hotel, has to steal soap from a randomly appearing tray and so on.
-----
Posted at 06:11 on June 23rd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
- Super Probotector: Extremely hard Turrican-like game. I think I never made past the second level.
- Larry X (5?): Completely silly and illogical puzzles.
Posted at 06:08 on June 23rd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Chaos Engine: Agreed. Actually, the second world is already pretty much impossible without cheating for me ;)

Xadium: Indeed!

One addition: Prince of Persia. I'm always falling down (and die) because I can't make the long jumps.

Edited by Mr Creosote at 15:09 on June, 23rd 2004
-----
Posted at 06:07 on June 23rd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
At work of the moment so can devote too much thought to it, but two games that spring to mind are..

Last Ninja 3 on any 8-bit system. I have the ZX Speccy version and despite spending a LOT of time and effort on it, ad coming close to finishing it once or twice I have never managed it.

Aldo - Another World by Delphine on the Megadrive. That is rock hard!