The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Change comparisons to only "similar games"?
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll
» Multiple Pages: 12

Change comparisons to only "similar games"?

Vote:
Yes
No
Don't care
Posted at 07:23 on November 24th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Kein Problem, vielen Dank für deine Sicht!

Short summary: having multiple similar games listed is more important than the guidance provided by pros and cons. Reviewers should be better supported by receiving automatic suggestions which could then be accepted with a mouse click.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 07:24 on November 24th, 2016
Posted at 20:32 on November 30th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
So, considerng that there are no realistic alternatives as far as I can see, this is what we'll go with:

• Similar games will just be titles by default.
  • If a game is not on the site, it should have a short textual description (one sentence), which will disappear once the pointer can be resolved. (Example)
  • Old pros and cons already written will be archived, i.e. also not displayed in their old place anymore.
  • Automatic suggestions will be displayed on the form to enter similarity entries as guidance, but with a warning that "blind" picking may not work out.

I still need to program the last part. So give me some time.

Starting now, submissions will be accepted with similarity picks without pros and cons.

For the "how", I would like to keep the titles inside the boxes, as I really like the effect. Any additional considerations?
-----
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 20:42 on November 30th, 2016
Posted at 21:20 on December 1st, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Quote:
If a game is not on the site, it should have a short textual description (one sentence), which will disappear once the pointer can be resolved.

Good idea. I noticed the games which are present still have descriptions stored in the database. Would there be any further use for those? Just wondering.

Quote:
Any additional considerations?

Suggestion: how about making 3 vertical rows of pads instead of just 2? I think it would look much better taking all the empty horizontal space and also sparing the vertical one somewhat.
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
Posted at 10:17 on December 2nd, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Agreed, it should just flow and use whatever space is available.
-----
Posted at 09:27 on January 27th, 2017 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
It struck me just now that descriptions for existing game entries should not be completely replaced with screenshots but rather pop up on mouseover. I mean, why keep old descriptions if you can't even see them? We should rather make good use of them. However, if we are to implement this then descriptions will become mandatory regardless, which i would personally support. What do you think?
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
-----
Edited by Vagabond at 09:29 on January 27th, 2017
Posted at 19:00 on January 27th, 2017 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Having entered a couple of hundred such links in the last weeks, I don't want to amend all those now.
-----
» Multiple Pages: 12
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll