The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - technical problem with World of Xeen
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

technical problem with World of Xeen

Posted at 07:12 on December 20th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Ack help! I keep locking up after I attempt to exit the blacksmith or the inn or anywhere else with a exit button! vey frusterating! any advice? I am kinda new to running old games on modern equipment so please bear with me... I'm running XP if that helps...

The Cadwr
Posted at 10:33 on December 20th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
The game is buggy. The first time I played it years ago I left it because I couldn't go to the inns to buy food because the game locked up if I did, but this last time I only had problems with the gossips in some inns.

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/. In this page there are some patches if you wish to try them, but I don't consider the old patchs as good as the ones you can get now, as nowadays the game programmers have more experiences with unfinished and buggy games.
Posted at 11:58 on December 20th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
I run World of Xeen under DOSBox 0.63 and I just had one crash. That was when I tried to exit the mage guild.
If you run the game on Win XP, you could perhaps try to use Dosbox.

You could also try to change the sound settings. Maybe the game crashes, because it isn't able to play the correct sound.
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll