The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Because Mr. Creosote can do anything
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Because Mr. Creosote can do anything

Posted at 00:50 on April 25th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Master Gumby
I need to change my DPI to less than 100% in order to install a particular game I own, Fate (2005) on Windows 7. I'm using a Geforce 9100 (integrated card). You have to change the DPI in order to see the flash button on the last window, so you can actually click on it. You can't tab to it.

I had this same issue on an older computer, but lowering the DPI was possible then. Changing font size and DPI to lowest doesn't help. No idea why the text is so big for the install of this game.

Any ideas for a work around?
Attachment: *****
-----
Posted at 05:27 on April 25th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Sorry to disappoint you, but I have no experience with JesusOS (TM).
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 05:37 on April 25th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Ah, figures. Well... I'm not sure how divine it is really, but it's not an OS problem. It's a poorly programmed game install problem.
-----
Posted at 14:10 on April 25th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
By the way, in case you really want help, your choice of subject is probably not that fortunate...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 16:47 on April 25th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Probably not. But most of the help I get, is on my own anyway. :P
I'm thinking a different graphics driver and chipset will allow a lower DPI, or if all else fails, a "pirated" version will probably work. Copying all the files and registry entries (with some changes) from a previous installation on another computer didn't work. But since I don't have any immediate plans to play this game (just installing stuff), I'll probably come back to it later.
-----
-----
Edited by Gargantuan Orangutan at 16:54 on April 25th, 2012
Posted at 06:03 on May 26th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Upgraded to Geforce 520. Still can't change DPI to 96%, it's locked at %100.

If I was really serious about getting this to install properly, I'd download an unlicensed version!
:P
-----
-----
Edited by Gargantuan Orangutan at 06:04 on May 26th, 2012
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll