The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - Electronic game "dungeon"
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Electronic game "dungeon"

Posted at 15:46 on December 22nd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Anyone remember an electronic game released in the US during the 80s (possibly late 70s) simplay called "Dungeon"? The game was about a foot squrae, 3 inches tall, designed to look like a castle (made of grey plastic, with a stonework pattern, and small turrets at the corners), had 4 pewter pieces (a dragon, a treasure chest, and 2 warriors), a bunch of bright orange plastic "walls", and ran on a 9-volt battery. The playing pieces had square bases, which functioned to press the buttons which were the squares you landed on. There was also a row of buttons alongside the playing area that you could press manually to indicate player 1/2, test sounds, etc.
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
Posted at 04:27 on December 23rd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
No, maybe never released here, but it sounds promising. I think I would have had a lot of fun with it. :D
-----
Being fat is no illness, but ideology
Posted at 06:34 on December 23rd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
No idea whether it was 'Dungeon', but I definitely remember gloating over ads for similar 'electronically enhanced board games' in toy catalogues in the 80s...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 12:54 on December 27th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
This game could have been great if I had had any clue how to play it. I had gotten it used, and it didn't come with instructions (it had instructions, but they were for a D&D board game).
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll