The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Ye gods
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Ye gods

Posted at 04:48 on October 23rd, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
Hi! Not entirely sure this is the appropriate forum, but it seems to be the closest. You will be unsurprised to know that I was part of Underground Gamer before it died.

I just wanted to thank the site and all contributors for the insane effort put into the disk images, simply for making such a resource available on the internet. Some of these are probably impossible to find at any kind of shop anywhere, and the attempt to catalog multiple releases just plain kills me. Seriously, if I met any of the individuals responsible for any of the images here, I would immediately prostrate myself and kiss the ground before you, for you are preservation gods. Let me see what I can do about some reviews...

I'm also a big fan of how simple the site is, because this simplicity looks and behaves nicer than most other sites. I think my only gripe is how it's almost-but-not-quite made for 1024x768; I imagine it's really meant for wide-screen, but it's so close to regular old 4:3. My monitor has the strange resolution of 1152x864, which seems to work better.
-----
Edited by ZeldaDoritos at 04:51 on October 23rd, 2014
Posted at 16:09 on October 23rd, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Welcome, ZeldaDoritos :)

Credit for much of the work on the floppy images has to go to Wandrell and ibmpc5150 – great work, guys!

Originally posted by ZeldaDoritos at 04:48 on October 23rd, 2014:
I'm also a big fan of how simple the site is, because this simplicity looks and behaves nicer than most other sites. I think my only gripe is how it's almost-but-not-quite made for 1024x768; I imagine it's really meant for wide-screen, but it's so close to regular old 4:3. My monitor has the strange resolution of 1152x864, which seems to work better.

Not quite sure what you mean. I use the site on my 1024x768 laptop all the time. Even at lower resolutions, like on my mobile phone, it still displays fine for me without the need for horizontal scrolling. Any specific issues you're facing?
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 16:09 on October 23rd, 2014
Posted at 19:12 on October 23rd, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
On my monitor at 1024x768, there seems to be slightly too much horizontal to fit. It's minor, really!

Edit: It's just me freaking out over the scroll bar, really! I shouldn't have even brought it up, I'm sorry...
-----
Edited by ZeldaDoritos at 02:15 on October 24th, 2014
Posted at 19:50 on October 23rd, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Is anything really off-screen? Or is it just the ornaments which stick out? Because the intention is really that the black background headings are a little wider, but that this effect just disappears on low resolutions – while all text remains visible.

Can you maybe make a screenshot and post it?
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll