The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - Why I hate weblogs
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Why I hate weblogs

Posted at 07:44 on February 9th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
I agree mostly to this article:
http://mama.indstate.edu/users/bones/WhyIHateWebLogs.html
-----
Being fat is no illness, but ideology
Posted at 12:10 on February 9th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Careful: Probably 90% of this forum's visitors 'run' such a 'blog', and they'll be out to get you for posting this link now ;) You have my moral support, though - I agree with everything said in the article. There's one thing these 'bloggers' don't seem to get: If you have a topic to write about, that's fine, but if you have nothing to show but random rambling, keep quiet.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 12:37 on February 9th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Mr Creosote at 20:10 on February, 9th 2006:

Careful: Probably 90% of this forum's visitors 'run' such a 'blog', and they'll be out to get you for posting this link now ;) You have my moral support, though - I agree with everything said in the article. There's one thing these 'bloggers' don't seem to get: If you have a topic to write about, that's fine, but if you have nothing to show but random rambling, keep quiet.

After all, my site is some kind of a "weblog", too. Like every personal site in some way is some kind of a weblog, the way it's described. And even the author admits there are good and senseful weblogs.

The article is very good in pointing out the reasons for "senseless" blogging and that comments may become dialogues automatically, most of the time. After all, even my guestbook was called a chat lately by some pre-teen groupies... :bemused:
-----
Posted at 13:21 on February 9th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I'm not sure if I really want to know what you're doing with your pre-teen groupies... :worried:
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 13:48 on February 9th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
I did not call them. It was a mistake to list a band like "Tokio Hotel" on my site... I'm not happy with that either... :(
-----
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll